Last Updated January 27th 2021.
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at ISG Transportation Inc. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you visit our website and more generally, use or inquire about any of our services, we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with please discontinue use of our services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our website) as well as any related services, sales, marketing or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information we collect.
- What information do we collect?
When inquiring about our services, we will ask for your name and email so that we can contact you about your inquiry and providing our services.
- How do we use your information?
In short: we process your information based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
– Fulfill and manage your inquiries. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your quotes, questions and inquiries made through the website.
– Deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
– To offer support to users. We may use your information to solve any potential issues you may have with the use of our services.
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
In short: we only share your information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
– Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
– Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interest.
– Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
– Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements)
– Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Is your information transferred Internationally?
In Short: We may transfer, store and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in Canada. If you are accessing our website from outside, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “Will your information be shared with anyone?” above) and in other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will however take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
- How long do we keep your information?
In short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose outlined in this notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us to keep your personal information for longer than 90 days after service is terminated.
When we have no ongoing or legitimate business need to process your personal information we will either delete or anonymize such information or, if this is not possible (for example because your personal information has been stored in back up archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any other processing until deletion is possible.
- Do we collect information from minors?
In short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. By using the website, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take appropriate measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are your Privacy Rights?
In short: you may review, change or terminate your account at any time.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.eurpoa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
- Controls for Do-Not-Track features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference to not have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DND browser signals or any other mechanisms that automatically communicates your choice to not be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
- Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light Law” permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us at the contact information provided below.
- Do we make updates to this notice?
We may update this notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
- How can you contact us about this notice?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:ISG Transportation Inc.
7965 Goreway Drive Unit 2
Brampton, Ontario, L6T5T5
- How can you review, update or delete the data we collect from you?